Friday, February 10, 2006

The Bible says what??

Mark 14:51-52: A young man was folowing Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and htey seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked.

Ok, so why in the world is this in here? I wonder if this young man was whichever of the disciples that recounted this story to John Mark! I can imagine him reflecting on that night in a solemn way, but then laughing when recalling that he ran away naked because he was only wearing a linen sheet. Must have been a warm night! I thought about expounding on a couple deep, spiritual lessons we can learn from this, but I'd rather just let it be and enjoy the mystery of why that would be there!

3 Comments:

Blogger Espanola said...

It is very random. In all commentaries, they omit it altogether. I like your theory, though!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Tim Elzea said...

A Biblical reference to a TOGA party? :) hahaha

10:41 AM  
Blogger Sugarplum said...

I think it's in there to make us laugh.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home