Monday, March 13, 2006

Sleeping in God's Peace

I'm sure you know the value of a good night's rest. You wake up and pop up out of bed and run around the house singing and hopping! Ok, maybe not that, but it sure does feel good. Well, I don't always sleep well, in fact, not very often. It is discouraging and something I haven't been able to understand for a while now.

However, last night I was talking with a friend on the phone who happens to be having trouble getting peaceful sleep as well and I prayed/read through Psalms 4 with this friend, claiming the words of God and believing that God would use it to give them a peaceful nights sleep. I then started thinking about how small my faith is. I believed it for my friend, but not for me. I've tried in the past to do so, but never really believed it.

That said, I'm praying God will help me in my unbelief to claim His words for myself. If you don't sleep well or just need a good word from the Lord, I hope that you can claim Psalm 4 for yourself and the promise that God has made to us!

God's peace to you!

Psalms 4
1. Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
You have relieved me in my distress;
Be gracious to me and hear my prayer.
2. O sons of men, how long will my honor become a reproach?
How long will you love what is worthless and aim at deception? Selah.
3. But know that the LORD has set apart the godly man for Himself;
The LORD hears when I call to Him.
4. Tremble, and do not sin;
Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
5. Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,
And trust in the LORD.
6. Many are saying, "Who will show us any good?"
Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O LORD !
7. You have put gladness in my heart,
More than when their grain and new wine abound.
8. In peace I will both lie down and sleep,
For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

It was suggested to me by a friend a long time ago. Glad to pass it on :)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Espanola said...

I believe that God really is faithful and doesn't just say that he is. I believe that he wants everything in our life to be good. And I beleive that you are going to find rest one day soon!

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home