Friday, June 23, 2006

Seminary

Last week's Bible Study about God's summons was quite poignant in my life right now, as I'm considering going to Seminary. Yesterday I had my admissions interview and I've got all the balls rolling that way. It's interesting when God calls how everything seems to fall into place!
One of the major triggers in pointing me this way was my exploration of joining the Army Chaplain Corps. Since then, I've have met several people that have offered to put me in contact with either Chaplains or Chaplain canditates. I've found in my life that it's often scary to seriously consider major life changes and many times I'd imagine I've chosen to stay comfortable, rather than step out in faith and trust that God's got my back.
But, there's something different when God summons you; He doesn't let you get away! I'm glad God's not letting me get away here. Even if it ends in a dead end, I know I'm following what I think is His call in my life and that obedience is what's most important.

I would encourage anyone who reads this to try and stay the course in waiting on the Lord for His summons, and if you've recieved it already, trust God and be faithful to seek after it, remembering that He is always faithful!

Now, thinking of God's faithfulness is a great way to end the week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill Wyman said...

Rick, that is awesome! It's so awesome to follow the Lord, no matter what, He continues to bless us.
Jill

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home